Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Two Pink Lines


There comes a point in many folks lives were they begin to feel "ready" for parenting (at least it did for Carl and me). But the moment we saw those two distinct little pink lines show up on that plastic applicator that so-sure-feeling quickly switched to a holy-cow-are-we-sure-were-ready-for-this moment!

On December 17th, 2010 Carl and I were getting ready to go out for his brother Erik's graduation from college dinner celebration. Feeling like something was a bit different about my body lately I decided not to wait another moment to find out what might be the answer. Moments before walking out the door I took the test. Carl didn't know that I had decided to take the test but had some suspicions. As he walked into the bathroom there I was staring at the applicator awaiting a potentially life changing response. Carl joined me in the staring...one pink line...two pink lines! We looked at each other in pure shock then back at the stick and then back at each other again. Then after a series of "Oh my gosh!" and "No way!" we wrapped our arms around each other with pure joy and complete shock. This will go down as one of my very favorite memories. We're going to be parents! Ah!

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH I am soooooo excited for you guys!!! I also can't wait to see a baby bump!! :)

    ReplyDelete