
Yesterday was Mother's Day and though many people wished me a happy Mother's Day I sort of felt like it doesn't count. Then I started reflecting on my journey thus far...the nausea for 10 straight weeks, the exhaustion, the repulsive smells, the food that made me want to puke just by hearing the word, the multiple trips to the bathroom at night, the kicking that keeps me up, the heartburn, the no more sleeping on my back, the overwhelming sense of being hot, giving up a glass of red wine here and there...not that I'm complaining and of course it is ALL WORTH IT. But now that I think about it I think I might just deserve to be celebrated on Mother's Day, after all what is a mother? Someone who makes sacrifices for the life of her child and I'd say I've made just a few thus far ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment