Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

20 Weeks Means Great Things!




Hitting the 20 week mark feels like such an achievement. Not only are you HALF way through, you also get to find out what you're having (if you want to, that is)! And guess what, WE WANTED TO KNOW. For that last week Carl and I both found ourselves chomping-at-the-bit to know. With that being said we were pretty darn sure we knew exactly what we were getting. I was so sure I knew what it was going to be that I found myself making preliminary decisions about the nursery or I would only look at one gender of clothing. I just didn't really consider the possibility that it could be the opposite. People even told me that there's such thing as "mother's intuition", so of course I thought I had it. Well let me tell you folks, if there is such thing as "mother's intuition" I DON'T HAVE IT. This mamma thought she was having a boy...this mamma was wrong! This little mover (and I mean kicker, puncher, jumpin' jiver) is not a rowdy little Carl Jr, she's a tough little bundle of pure estrogen! Thanks to our ultra patient ultrasound technician we got some great new photos of our sweet little girl. She pretty much didn't sit still the entire appointment until the technician said "let's see if we can get a profile shot" and had me roll onto my side to get her to roll. Sure enough this stubborn little princess decides that's the time to go to sleep. She would. She also insisted that her hands must remain up by her face as you can see pictured to the left. I have to say that my favorite photo is the "we're #1" finger pointing straight into the air. Carl says that's her pointing to God like "He's my homie", though that is very sweet I say she's predicting the future of Arizona State football...national championship here we come! Man, this is just so exciting! I can't stop day dreaming of the day we get to meet our sweet little girl!

1 comment: